Targeted Relief & Recovery Facility (TRRF)
Targeted Relief and Recovery Facility (TRRF) is to aid the recovery and continuity of eligible SMEs in services sector affected by reintroduction of COVID-19 containment measure since June 2020.
TRRF is offered to Malaysian SMEs (at least 51% shares held by Malaysians) in the service sector that are adversely affected by the Covid-19 reintroduction of containment measures since June 2020, in the following sectors:
- Personal services (e.g. repair of computers/ household goods/ laundry/ hairdressing/ beauty)
- Food and Beverage service activities
- Human Health and Social Work activities
- Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
- Wholesale and Retail Trade
- Business services (e.g. Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities; Administrative and Support Service Activities)
Services sectors such as:
Non-services sectors that are still not allowed to operate in Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP)
TRRF is not applicable to the following categories:
- Tourism and tourism-related subsectors.
- Manufacturing and construction sectors.
- Recipients for PENJANA Tourism Financing (PTF).
- Recipient of Special Relief Facility (SRF) or PENJANA SME Financing (PSF) whose total financing limit exceed RM 500 000.
Purpose of Financing
Working Capital (Legal documentation cost and agency fee to be included into the financing.)
Refinancing of existing credit/ financing facilities is allowed up to 30% of financing approved under PTF, except for Financing under BNM’s Fund for SMEs.
Note: Financing shall not be used for the following activities:
- Purchase of shares;
- Purchase of land/ real estate investment;
- Property development;
- Investment by investment holding companies;
- Activities where the stock in trade is money (including credit, leasing, factoring and insurance businesses), except for money changing operators;
- Gambling, alcohol, tobacco or other similar activities/ products; and
- Non-Shariah compliant activities
ME: Up to RM300,000 per SME
Microenterprise: Up to RM75,000 per micro enterprise
Note: The above is applicable for SMEs with common shareholder(s) of equal to or more than 20% shareholding. This is subject to the aggregate group limit not exceeding RM10.0 million for all SJPP guarantee schemes, including this financing. Group is defined as companies under the same group by way of shareholding (holding 50% or more), directors (providing guarantees) and guarantors related.
Up to 3.5% p.a. (inclusive of 0.5% guarantee fees)
Up to 7 years, including a 6 months moratorium on monthly instalments.
SME: 80% of the financing amount is guaranteed by Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan (SJPP)
Microenterprise: Optional 90% guarantee cover by Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan (SJPP)
Availability of Fund
TRRF is made available from 1 December 2020 until 31 December 2021 or upon fully utilised (whichever is earlier)