SME – PENJANA Tourism Financing (PTF)
To support SMEs in the tourism sectors by preserving their capacity and assisting them to undertake the necessary investments to adjust and remain viable post-COVID-19.
- SMEs as defined by SME Corp Malaysia; OR
- Licensed by/registered with MOTAC.
The eligible sectors are as follows:
- Tourism accommodation premises (e.g. budget hotels, registered homestays, chalet and resorts);
- Travel agencies & tour operators; and
- Transportation for tourists (e.g. bus, boat and car rental operators)
- Medical tourism;
- Money service businesses8 (MSB);
- Capacity building institutions which are primarily set up to provide tourism related courses/training, and licensed by or registered with MOTAC (e.g. Institut Latihan Pelancongan); and
- Tourism-related retail, recreation and wellness that can justify significant reliance on tourists
*Note: Special Relief Facility (SRF) and/or PENJANA SME Financing (PSF) recipients are eligible for the PTF)
Purpose of Financing
- Working Capital requirements
- Capital Expenditure (CAPEX)
- Refinancing of existing credit/ financing facilities is allowed up to 50% of financing approved under PTF, except for Financing under BNM’s Fund for SMEs.
- SME: Up to RM300,000 per SME
- Microenterprise: Up to RM75,000 per micro enterprise
*Note: The above is applicable for SMEs with common shareholder(s) of equal to or more than 20% shareholding. This is subject to the aggregate group limit not exceeding RM10.0 million for all SJPP guarantee schemes, including this financing. Group is defined as companies under the same group by way of shareholding (holding 50% or more), directors (providing guarantees) and guarantors related.
Up to 3.5% p.a., inclusive of guarantee fee
Up to 7 years, with at least 6 months moratorium on monthly instalments
- SME: 80% of the financing amount is guaranteed by SJPP
- Microenterprise: Optional 90% guarantee cover by SJPP