SME – PENJANA Tourism Financing (PTF)
To support SMEs in the tourism sectors by preserving their capacity and assisting them to undertake the necessary investments to adjust and remain viable post-COVID-19.
Offered to Malaysian SMEs (at least 51% shares held by Malaysians) in the core tourism and tourism related sector which are either:
SMEs as defined by SME Corp Malaysia at point of application
- Companies Commission of Malaysia either under the Registrar of Business Act (1956) or the Companies Act 1965 and/or the Companies Act 2016 or Limited Liability Partnership Act 2012 (private limited, sole proprietorship and partnership); or
- Respective authorities or district offices in Sabah and Sarawak; OR
- Licensed by / registered with Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture (MOTAC);
The eligible sectors are as follows:
- Tourism accommodation premises (e.g. budget hotels, registered homestays, chalet and resorts);
- Travel agencies & tour operators; and
- Transportation for tourists (e.g. bus, boat and car rental operators)
- Medical tourism;
- MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions) ecosystem;
- Tourism-related retail, recreation and wellness that can justify significant reliance on tourists.
Money services businesses
Capacity building institutions which are primarily set up to provide tourism related courses / training and licensed by or registered with MOTAC (e.g. Tourism Training Institute)
Note: Special Relief Facility (SRF) and/or PENJANA SME Financing (PSF) recipients are eligible for the PTF)
Purpose of Financing
- Working Capital requirements
- Capital Expenditure (CAPEX)
- Refinancing of up to 50% of total financing approved
- Legal documentation cost and agency fee to be included into the financing. Customer has an option to pay the legal documentation on their own.
- 50% of financing approved can be used to refinance existing business financing from financial institutions and other sources including credit/ leasing companies (existing business financing excludes financing obtained under BNM’s Fund for SMEs)
- SME: Up to RM500,000 per SME
- Microenterprise: Up to RM75,000 per micro enterprise
- A collective financing limit is applicable for SMEs with common shareholder(s) of equal to or more than 20% shareholding.
- This is subject to the aggregate group limit not exceeding RM10.0 million for all SJPP guarantee schemes, including this financing. Group is defined as companies under the same group by way of shareholding (holding 50% or more), directors (providing guarantees) and guarantors related.
Up to effective rate of 3.50% per annum (inclusive of guarantee fee)
- Up to 7 years, with at least 6 months moratorium on monthly instalments for both principal and profit payments
- In addition to the existing six-months payment deferment, the facility will also provide SMEs with the option of profitpayments only for an additional period of twelve months
- SME: 80% of the financing amount is guaranteed by SJPP
- Microenterprise: Optional 90% guarantee cover by SJPP
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Product Disclosure Sheet / E-poster
For enquiries email to: email@example.com