Term Deposit-i Tawarruq(Protected by PIDM up to RM250,000 for each depositor)
Watch your money consistently grow through our Term Deposit-i (Tawarruq) [TDT-i]. A capital guaranteed deposit account that allows you the flexibility of managing funds according to your short or long-term needs.
TDT-i offers an attractive upfront profit rate and on maturity you will be able to earn the returns based on the upfront profit rate contracted at point of sale. Indeed a peace of mind knowing that your funds are reaping the attractive returns and capital guaranteed.
Come over to any Bank Islam branches to open a TDT-i account starting today!
Benefits & Features
- 1 – 60 months
- Multiple of 1 month (starting from 1 – 12 months)
- Multiple of 3 months (starting from 15 – 60 months)
Protected by PIDM up to RM 250,000 for each depositor.
- Pre-mature withdrawal is allowed but no profit will be paid
- The Bank will charge the Customer for any brokerage fees/charges actually charged by any third party Commodity Trader for sale and purchase of the Commodity. However, the Customer shall only be liable to pay 50% of the total brokerage fees/charges and the amount payable shall be deducted from the Sale Price (Murabahah)
Profit Payment Frequency
- Upon maturity (tenure up to 1 year)
- Half-yearly profit payment (tenure above 1 year)
- Allowed for the same deposit amount and for the same tenure
- Allowed for the deposit amount plus profit and for the same tenure
Note: For auto-renewal of the deposit, the profit rate is to be based on the Bank’s prevailing profit rate at the point of renewal.
Absorbed by the Bank
Underlying Asset for Commodity Murabahah Transaction
Crude Palm Oil (CPO) or other commodity as approved by Shariah
Mode of Operation
A tawarruq consists of two sale and purchase contracts. The first involves the sale of an asset by a seller to a purchaser on a deferred basis. Subsequently, the purchaser of the first sale will sell the same asset to a third party on a cash and spot basis.
Who Can Apply / Eligibility
- Non Resident
- Mosque/Religious Bodies
- Sole Proprietorship
- Government (Federal/Local/State)
- Public Authorities
Minimum Deposit Placement
RM1,000 for 1 month
RM500 for 2 months & above
* No maximum deposit amount
18 years old and above
Ringgit Malaysia (RM)
Fees & Charges
Rate / Amount
Lost or destroyed Investment Certificate
Stamp Duty will be charged for the Indemnity Letter regardless of the amount
RM10.00 (stamp duty)